Bring a couple of quarts of water to boil; then turn off heat. Add 2-3 sprigs of each fresh herb as desired (1-2 tea bags of dried herbs) and let steep 5-8 minutes. Remove herbs and sweeten to taste with honey or sugar(or add our stevia during the steeping process). Add to pitcher of cold water for refreshing iced teas.
Some combinations we enjoy are:
- Bergamot (bee balm): refreshing mint flavor
- Bergamot and Sage for a savory twist
- Bergamot and Holy Basil (Tulsi Tea)
- Holy Basil (Tulsi Tea)
- Lavender (lavender needs 25 minutes of steeping time (steep the flower blossoms only))
- Lemon Basil, lemon balm, or lemon verbena
- Mint, peppermint and orange mint
- Lemon grass (may need to steep for 20 minutes)
A great twist on good old southern sweet tea is to add herbs while steeping your favorite black tea. One of go-to drinks at the house is holy basil (tulsi tea) and black tea for a great clove flavored sweet iced tea!